Why am I Creating This Blog?

The documentary “I remember Jinnah” telecasted by Dawn News TV, article published by Dawn in December 2008 was followed up by a series of articles written by Irshad Ahmad Haqqani in “Jang”. All these contributed in overcoming a national taboo: “Quaid-e-Azam was Infallible. He cannot be criticised”. Marium Chaudhry, in “I remember Jinnah” even got courage to write that, “Was he a statesman that fought for the right of a people who he shared a religion with? Was he a man who married for love and then lost his daughter to a land that was home and then became foreign territory? Was he a civilian with the fire of a freedom fighter or a villain with a vendetta”?
But even then, and quite understandably, the people doing this criticism were feeling vulnerable, and were very cautious. This caused lack of in-depth and accurate analysis. But the time is ripe to analyse our history in an objective way. We must abide by the truth, no matter how bitter it is.
The postings of this blog are an effort to analyse the history of Pakistan in an unbiased manner. My analyses lead me, and I suppose they will lead many of the readers, to the conclusion, that many, if not all, of the political problems faced by Pakistani nation are consequences of the mistakes/errors made by the Quaid.
I really thank Irshad Ahmad Haqqani, Marium Chaudhry and others who took part in the debate that started following the appearance of Haqqani’s series of articles published in Jang, because these people gave me courage to start my blog that you are reading now. Soon I will post my first essay on the issue, indicating Quaid’s biggest mistake in our history.

In the end, I want to share that I know that the majority of the readers of this blog will not only disagree with me, but also will react cinically. Many will also abuse me. But in my view truth is so important that it should not be concealed at any price.

1 comment:

  1. It has been about sixty years since Quaid e Azam passed away and this time could be enough to undo (if there were any!) mistakes made by him. I know some mistakes can’t be undone, some have a very lasting effect but the fact remains the same that he helped us getting a canvas which could be painted with better colors by us.
    Quaid was as human as anyone of us and we are discussing his mistakes but what about all that has been done intentionally by rest of the nation since than?

    ReplyDelete